Goodsprings District- Red Cloud Mine
AKA: Yellow Pine District
Originally discovered in 1902. The cyanide leaching plant was built in 1906 and treated ore from the mines. At the time of the writing of “Mines of Clark County, Nevada” in 1939, the Red Cloud Mine was owned by John Loop of Goodsprings, and about $10,000 in gold had been taken from this mine. In 1934, P.S. McClanahan leased the property and had very small returns. The mine here is 116 feet in vertical depth. From there it inclines down to 300 feet. The vertical shafts here now have grates on them. There are 2,000 feet of actual workings down inside of this mine. Gold, silver and mercury have been discovered here.