Red Devil Mine
AKA: Beowawe Mine; Nevada-Mexican Mine; Nevada-Mexico Mine
Per USGS. This mine was discovered in 1924 by R.S. Harris and C.M. Wilkinson. The first year of production was 1925. In 1928, the owner was listed as the Nevada-Mexico Mining Company. That same year, the Nevada-Mexico Company installed a 30-ton rotary furnace at the site. The mine consisted of two separate levels, with a 150-foot shaft and 2,000 feet of crosscuts and adits. The mine was worked through 1943 and produced 129 flasks of mercury.